Simple Download Monitor problems

Started by pepak, November 04, 2009, 11:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepak

1) Did you update the plugin settings to monitor directory facul/?
2) Did you try to call Simple Download Monitor directly (here) and with which results?

MrBoss

1) Did you update the plugin settings to monitor directory facul/? YES
2) Did you try to call Simple Download Monitor directly (here) and with which results? YES - http://www.marcelocarvalho.com/index.php?sdmon=facul/Materiais%20II/CAD%20em%20SSA.doc

pepak

Yep, seems to work. In that case SDMON is installed and set up correctly and the problem lies either in the .htaccess (which seemed OK to me) or the fact that mod_rewrite is not supported by your webhoster. You will need to contact your webhoster's tech support and ask them about that.

palantium

I give more details of the problem:

The problem happens when I change the .htaccess

The names of the downloads are:

"Milenio% 203% 20 -% 20T9P28% 20 -% 2014-03-10% 20% 20 -% 20Proyecto% 20Dachau,% 20the% 20analizamos% 20resultados% 20 -% 20of% 20Mesa% 20redacci% C3% B3n.mp3"

it would be:

"Milenio 3 - T9P28 - 14-03-10 - Proyecto Dachau, analizamos los resultados - Mesa de redacción.mp3"

When I edit the .htaccess, downloads are renamed to "Milenio", simply delete everything after the space there.

I use the Wordpress version 2.9.2 and the latest version of your plugin. Except for the problem of the  .htaccess, the plugin properly account downloads.

Thanks for your attention. Greetings.

pepak

Seems to me the problem might be the accented "o" at the end of the filename ("redacción"). Try to change it to regular "o" and see what happens then.

palantium

No, It also occurs in discharges without accented words.

pepak

In that case give me an example link (real link on your website) which should work but doesn't and I'll try it on real site.

winters

Hi i seem to have some problem trying to get your plugin working:

My wordpress instance is setup in /www/blog/ and my download files is located in /www/blog/files/. I edited my .htaccess file to include the line as follows:

# BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /blog/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^(files/.*) /index.php?sdmon=$1 [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /blog/index.php [L]


# END WordPress

However when I click on the link i get an error for page cannot be found. If I change the line and use "RewriteRule ^(blog/files/.*) /index.php?sdmon=$1 [L]" instead the file loads but the plugin doesn't pick up anything.

When i use the direct link with http://domain/blog/index.php?sdmon=files/public.pdf everything works perfectly.

Thanks for you help in advance.

pepak

Unfortunately, I am not very good with mod_rewrite; particularly, I don't really understand what happens when RewriteBase is used.

I would try this rule, maybe it will work:
RewriteRule ^(files/.*) /blog/index.php?sdmon=$1 [L]

winters

O i forgot to mention im using wordpress 3.0 right now.

winters


pepak


Nick

Hi

I struggling to get SDM to let me show inline files. I want to display PDFs and GIFs in the browser but can't get it to work. Whatever I do in Options under Inline Files makes no difference.

Here is what I'm using.

\.(gif|pdf)$

Any ideas?

Thanks

pepak

The regexp you wrote seems correct to me and should work.

Let's try a seemingly unrelated topic: What behavior do you expect from these files, and what behavior do you see with SDM? I suspect that you understand "inline" differently than was intended: "Inline" in this context means with a HTTP header "Content-disposition: inline;", which basically means that if a browser understands that particular file, it may display it within the page rather than download it. This should work with images without any problems, but I rather doubt it will work with PDFs.

Maybe post a link to a file which doesn't work for you, so that I can check what headers my browser receives when trying to download that file.

Nick

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here's a link to a pdf on my site http://shearinglayers.com/test-for-inline-pdf/

It seems to work exactly how I want it to in Safari (with this one page pdf coming up in the browser window), but in Firefox it always prompts for a download with a dialog that asks what software I'd like to use to view it.

So I guess my problem about the browser -- and nothing to do with your fab plug-in :)

Sorry I didn't test it with multiple browsers before my earlier question.

Thanks for your concern and for the plug-in.

Nick

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview