How to use stat data in a stat page

Started by Cristian, December 17, 2010, 10:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristian

Hi,

I wish to use statistics data and publish them in a separate page, as public statistics.
Can you help me and show me how to do this in the least painful manner?

Regards,

Cristian

pepak

I have no idea what you mean. Please be more specific. Start with which product you need help with.

dominos

I think he is using "simple download monitor" and would like a way to make the download statistics (top downloads, etc.) viewable by visitors to his blog. (I too have the same query.)

pepak

I really don't know how to do that. As it is now, the plugin requires that a visitor is logged in; it doesn't matter that he has very low privileges, as long as he is logged in, he should be able to access the statistics (if not by default, then by changing the required user right to an even lower setting than it is already). Showing the stats to non-logged-in visitors would require a completely different approach and I am afraid my knowledge of WordPress is not sufficient to achieve it :-(. Yet, anyway.

Duda

hi, im using simple download monitor.
I would like to start by congratulating you for your work there. thank you very much.
i would like to pull the number of downloads stored in the data base and show it on the web sit next to the download button.
its just the only thing missing. i now that is not included in your plugin but it seem to me that should be very simple to add some line of code to my post page and pull the data(download count number) for a specific file. could you please help with that? i would be very grateful.
Hope i explained my self well.

Thank you very much, and again great work.
Jose santos.

Duda

Quote from: Dudaadd some line of code to my post page and pull the data(download count number)
Im sorry with this i meant ad a code lines to the actual php file that build my post format.

Thank you very much.

pepak

I want to add this functionality to SDMon itself, eventually.

For now, you can get the info using SELECT * FROM wp_sdmon_downloads WHERE filename='/files/somefile.zip'

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview