Author Topic: Simple Download Monitor problems  (Read 79223 times)

Malcev

Simple Download Monitor problems
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2011, 08:51:58 AM »
Nothing helps with WP super cache.
Uninstall it and install W3 Total Cache.
It works without those errors but there is an error with flv-player.
When I hit button play time indicator of flash player goes to very end as if the movie completely has downloaded
To correct it I turn off "Enable HTTP (gzip) compression"  in Browser Cache settings.
Now it works.
Thank You!

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
I still think it should work fine even with gzip compression and WP super cache. Please make sure you really are using SDMon version 0.18 - there were some problems between W3TC and older versions of SDMon, but they should be fixed in 0.18.

Malcev

« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2011, 10:05:17 AM »
Yes, I use Simple Download Monitor  0.18.
With  wp super cache when I push play button it writes me that he could not find video 404 error.
But with http watcher i have seen that video downloads

Holly

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »
I would love to install and use your plug-in. However, I have the DAP {Digital Access Pass} plug-in installed, which is a membership site and it is already redirecting things using the .htaccess file.  I was told by DAP that I cannot edit the .htaccess file as you need for the SD Monitor plug-in to work.  

Is there any way that you can see to track downloads from a certain folder without the need to edit the .htaccess file?  I really need  to be able to see the # of times a file is downloaded, who has downloaded it, and when.  

Please help!  Thank you very much!!

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2011, 05:26:09 AM »
There is a way, but you would need to sacrifice the main feature of SDMon - its ability to work without modifying anything.

If you can modify .htaccess, you use URLs such as /files/youtube/ytd-0.84.zip. To switch to a htaccess-less SDMon, you would have to change the URLs to /index.php?sdmon=files/youtube/ytd-0.84.zip.

Radio

« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »
Hi,
I'm experimenting problem with Simple File Manager and symbolic links.

The issue is around lines 300-308 of simple-download-monitor.php when $relfilename is defined as substr of $fullfilename. That's misleading when symbolic link are involved since realpath() returns, as it's name suggests, the *real path* (ex. /home/user/file.txt) which brings the download to be marked as invalid...

To be sincere I'm experimenting  the symbolic link's problem only in my test environment, on the production website I don't expect (haven't tried yet) any kind of trouble (since no links are involved there), so it's not a big deal for me, nevertheless I'm trying to find out a viable solution since it could be usefull for others, that's also why I'm writing here now ;)

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
Sorry, my experience with symbolic links on the web is nonexistent and I have no server on which to test it. The code around realpath is required to prevent security issues from malformed requests (e.g. attacker trying to read wp-config.php).

Jamie

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »
The plugin does not restrict user access to members only.. it lets anyone download.  I have a potential idea for the cause.  My files are located in subdirectories of the files directory.  Do I need to add a rule for each subdirectory to .htaccess for this to work?

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
That is intentional, as I never had a need for limiting access. It may appear in some future version.

No, you don't need to add each subdirectory to .htaccess. The main one (files/) is sufficient.

ionelpaun

• View Profile
Re: Simple Download Monitor problems
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »
Hello Pepak, I've tried over 100 posibility to make this plugin to work, but without any result, can you help me please. I think your plugin is very useful for me.

So, I've attached here 3 images, one with config panel from Wordpress, second with root of my host and 3rd with .htaccess file to view the lines .

I need this work in my www.smartylogo.com/member/ - in this /members/ subdirectory have another wordpress installed.

Please let me know what's wrong in this case and make this workable,

Best Regards, I am looking forward to your answer.

Ionel

ionelpaun

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »
I need this work in my
www.smartylogo.com/members/ in last post I missed the last "s" from members.

was a mistake in last post.

- in this /members/ subdirectory have another wordpress installed.

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:01 PM »
Hello Pepak, I've tried over 100 posibility to make this plugin to work, but without any result, can you help me please. I think your plugin is very useful for me.
First things first: Did you try to use a "direct SDMon link" such as http://www.smartylogo.com/members/index.php?sdmon=wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/some-file.zip? What was the result?

a) Download works - then the problem lies in your .htaccess file and I am afraid I won't be able to help much as I am not very good at .htaccess.

b) Download doesn't work - then the problem lies in your SDMon configuration. I suspect the problem might be caused by the fact that you use the /members directory for your WordPress install. You may want to try to add members/ to the beginning of your "allowed directories" option. (Which reminds me, is your "allowed extensions" setting correct?)

ionelpaun

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
Hello there,
When I try with this direct link, http://www.smartylogo.com/members/index.php?sdmon=wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/somefile.zip
 it works, Simple Download Monitor record this download in status.

But, in config menu at the allowed directories I have "wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/" - download works

If I put in the allowed directories "members/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/" the direct link download doesn't work, it appear with SDmon Download Error.

Do you have another suggestion ?
Thank you very much.

ionelpaun

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
and at the allowed extensions I've put only "zip" for zip files.

best regards,

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:53 PM »
Since the index.php?sdmon link works, that confirms that your SDMon config is correct. The problem lies in your .htaccess file, and as I mentioned above, I am afraid I won't be able to help you with that. But I suspect that if you look at your webserver's logs, you will see the reason - probably you will see that the URL http://www.smartylogo.com/members/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/some-file.zip doesn't get rewritten to http://www.smartylogo.com/members/index.php?sdmon=wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/some-file.zip as it should, but to something else. If it idn't this obvious, you will need to locate someone good with .htaccess, and unfortunately that group doesn't include me :-( (but at least now you know where to look for the cause of the problem).

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
This box must be left blank:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture: