Author Topic: Simple Download Monitor problems  (Read 58121 times)

djrichiep

Re: Simple Download Monitor problems
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
I was able to successfully install and configure SDMON with no problems. And, this plugin is something I would dearly love to have working on my site to gather stats for me. However, after installing, I began to get complaints from readers of incomplete downloads. I provide large rar archive files to my readers in sizes ranging from 100-500mb. Files would download and would finish as complete but, when trying to extract the archive an error would come up that the file wasn't complete. I had numerous complaints from readers with the same issue. Since SDMON was the last plugin I had loaded to my site, I disabled it and removed the reference for it from the .htaccess file. Upon doing so, the problem went away.  After reading here, I am using WP Super Cache, a possible conflict?  Although, my downloads folder isn't technically part of the Wordpress installation.  Should I try disabling WP Super Cache?   Are there any additional parameters I can add in .htaccess or in the SDM settings to keep this issue from happening? I would love to be able to re-activate this plugin as it is exactly what I was looking for to monitor downloads. Thanks

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2012, 05:02:18 PM »
After reading here, I am using WP Super Cache, a possible conflict?
It is possible, but it doesn't sound very likely. I would think the SDMon's download-resuming code to be more likely a culprit. It might be a good idea to try some downloads with a regular browser, not a download manager, and check whether the completed downloads (those which downloaded without having to resume) unpack correctly. Also, a comparison of a downloaded file to the original file would be a good source of info.

Are there any additional parameters I can add in .htaccess or in the SDM settings to keep this issue from happening? I would love to be able to re-activate this plugin as it is exactly what I was looking for to monitor downloads. Thanks
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to disable the support for download resuming and see what happens.

One user proposed a change which might also help in this situation, but I have been very busy since then and unable to implement it to my satisfaction. I should be more free in a month or so, and plan to look into it then.

Floris

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2012, 12:39:06 PM »
Hi,

First, thanks for creating such a handy plugin :)

I have been using it for some months now and it worked perfectly, until a few days a go (September 9th).. It just stopped counting. Now, I am no WP wizard, just a graphic designer (I have somebody to handle my technical wp things for me), but I am curious if there are any known issues which could have caused this.

Cheers,
Floris

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »
None that I am aware of. The date it stopped working for you is close enough to the date a new version of the plugin was released, but I have not received another complaint yet, so presumably this might really be coincidental. You might try the previous version of SDMon just to be certain, though.

Rony

« Reply #109 on: October 17, 2012, 06:04:47 PM »
Hi and thank you for the plugin.
Is there a way to show the file download count to visitors?

Thank you.

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #110 on: October 17, 2012, 07:57:18 PM »
No. Only a top-ten via a sidebar plugin, but not a specific per-file count - while that value is stored, there is no easy way to access it (basically, it would require a code in the post, and that would go contrary to what SDMon is all about).

lucas

« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
hi
why when i use this plugin (it works) but i cant list the "monitored" directory, i can download by useing direct link exampple /tmp/download1.zip but i cant list the /tmp becouse i get error: Simple Download Monitor error

Requested file tmp/ not found.

htaccess is edited, everything work well but no listing...

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »
You could probably make this work by using a different content of .htaccess file, but I am not expert enough to tell you how to do it.

harisn

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
Is this plugin fully compatible with nginx web server? I'd like to use this plugin on a high-traffic website and need to make sure everything works great.

pepak

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Pepak.net
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2012, 07:41:13 PM »
It's OK to post just to the plugin's page. In fact, it's better, because it notifies me of new posts while the forum doesn't.

As I replied there, I have no idea how compatible it is with nginx. This is the first time I have even heard about that server. If the server is compatible with Apache, SDMon should work fine.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
This box must be left blank:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture: